lunes, 4 de septiembre de 2017

My Essentials for a Good Night Sleep



Sleeping well the night before is the first step to having an amazing day. Haven't you noticed how every day you don't sleep enough you feel like everything is more difficult, or like you are more reactive, less patient and even you may notice that you don't look as good no matter how much makeup or skin care products you use that morning?
A good night sleep is most of the times the best thing you can do for your body and well being in general. It helps you regenerate your cells, it's great for your skin and also when we have had a good rest we think better and with that, we make better choices. So, I take sleep very seriously because I know that when I have some sleeping problems, which I had a few weeks ago, everything else gets affected. 
Therefore, after having some issues with my sleep I was able to develop a very good night time routine which has helped me to get a good quality rest and I thought it was a great idea to share my tips with you along with my essentials and all the things I need to sleep well at night. So let's start! 




1. Establish a night routine: going to bed every night at the same time it's the first step to a good night sleep because your body will get used to it and when that time comes you will automatically want to go to sleep. Also, try to get up at the same time every day if possible because your body will work better if you establish a routine. Your inner clock will already know when it's time to go to bed and when it's time to get up, which will also help you if you are not a morning person. In my case, I always try to go to bed around 11 or 11:30 pm and then try to wake up before 9 am. 

2. Clean your skin and apply your skin care products: As the skin gets regenerated at night, this is the best time to apply all of the products you need to wake up looking radiant the next morning. Also, I have found there is something very relaxing about taking off all the makeup from the day and applying my favorite products. Currently, I can't live without Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate because this product really does some magic while I'm sleeping and my skin looks completely fresh and healthy the next morning and also L'Occitane Overnight Repairing Concentrate which also helps my hair to look great when I wake up! 




3. Include something that helps you to relax before going to bed: It could be drinking some relaxing tea, listening to some meditation podcast or doing breathing exercises. All of these things will get you in sleeping mode and will help you to reduce the stress that may cause sleeping problems. In my case, I have been obsessed with lavender because I have read it has a lot of relaxing and calming properties so I have started to include it in my night time routine. I just try to drink some lavender tea, which I have bought during my last trip to Croatia, but if you are not able to get this tea, you can look for some other ones that will also help you to relax.  In addition, you can also put just a few drops of lavender essential oils on your pillow or a lavender potpourri under it to get the same relaxing effect. 




4. Find the right mattress and pillow for you: we always notice how when we just changed our pillow or our mattress we find it hard to sleep. Having the right mattress for you it's another key element for a good night sleep, it has to be soft and comfortable but still, it has to be consistent to support your back and help you get a good sleeping posture. I have found some very good mattress at Lessa which I really recommend you to check! 




5. Choose a soft and comfortable pyjama: last but not the least, it's very important to have a good pyjama that feels soft and nice to our skin but also it has to be loose so that it doesn't constrain our blood circulation while we are sleeping. I have recently bought this new pyjama from H&M (similar here) and I'm completely in love with it because the fabric is extremely soft and although it looks super small it's not tight at all, it gently embraces my body and I also love the colour.




So, these are all the things I'm doing in order to get a good sleep at night because I strongly believe that sleeping well it's a very important part of our lives and it's also the start of a great day! I hope you find these tips useful and please let me know if you also have a night time routine and which are your essentials. 

13 comentarios:

  1. Great tips here. Comfortable pyjamas is definitely a must and lavender before sleeping sounds perfect, I will definitely try it. Have a beautiful day xoxo Cris
    Last post: http://photosbycris.blogspot.com.au/2017/09/yoins-tops-lookbook.html

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much for your comment Cris!! Yes, you need to try it!! I'm sure it will help you! :)

      Eliminar
  2. I love these recommendations! Lavender always helps me relax before bed!

    District of Chic

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Such a great post! I love reading just before going to bed! Thanks for sharing x

    Nev | Miss Nev

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks a lot for your comment Nev!! Yes, reading is also very relaxing!! :)

      Eliminar
  4. é importantíssimo termos uma boa noite de sono, e com estes essenciais, é uma tarefa facilitada :)
    xo, Ana Rita Leite
    WHITE DAISY

    ResponderEliminar