jueves, 7 de diciembre de 2017

My Favorite Spot in Rijeka: Trsat Castle



Rijeka is the third biggest city in Croatia, after Zagreb and Split. However, this city is not one of the most touristic places in the country. I always feel like the city is a little bit underestimated but that doesn't mean it doesn't have many interesting things to see and do.
I always feel attracted to this type of places, it's like finding a hidden gem that only you know about and Rijeka is like that.
The first time I have visited this town was during the Carnival and even though I was only there for 1 day, the magic of the Carnival made me fall in love with this place. There was something in the air that gave a feeling of happiness and that sensation was one of the reasons why I have decided to come back.
During this last summer trip I ended up staying in Rijeka for almost two weeks, I know that may seem like a lot of time but to me it was perfect! I'm going to explain a little bit more about this in another post but today I wanted to tell you everything about my favorite place in this town: Trsat Castle.


The entrance to the Castle 





The view over Rijeka 





Trsat Castle is an antique fortress that is located on top of a hill and it overlooks the entire city of Rijeka. This castle was built in the 13th century and during the 19th century it was completely reconstructed and renovated. Also, it is one of the most well preserved medieval fortresses in Europe. Nowadays, outside of the castle, there is a very nice bar where you can enjoy some drinks or have a cup of coffee like I did. And apart from that, on the inside, you can find some exhibitions, when I visited it there were images of the old Rijeka, which were very cool and interesting.





 


The gallery on the inside part 



A great thing about this place is that the entrance to the castle is completely free and once you are up there you can enjoy one of the most stunning views of the city and the Adriatic Sea.
The best time of the day to visit Trsat Castle is, without a doubt, when the sun sets because the colors of the sky are to die for and you will get amazing pictures! However, anytime is great to visit this place, I have actually been there 3 times during my visit to Rijeka, and each one was different. First I went around 3pm, then the second time I went during the night to have some drinks at the bar, and finally, I went to the castle for the sunset and that one was definitely my favorite!


Isn't this sunset magical?




Coffee with a view ;) 


How to get there?
Well, if you like to walk or you if like to stay in shape during your trips I recommend taking the stairs. There are 400 steps that connect you directly from the city center to the castle.  But if 400 steps sound like a lot, you can take the bus or go by car and it's very easy to get there. In my case, I took the stairs and I did some stops along the way to appreciate the view and take some pictures.


The beginning of the 400 steps 






So if you ever happen to go to Rijeka, this is one of the must-visit places you have to see in this city, it's totally worth it and if you love medieval constructions you are going to love it! If you don't then you can just go there to relax, have a cup of coffee and enjoy the amazing view! Hope you like this post and I would love to know what do you think of this place! :)

32 comentarios:

  1. What a beautiful place... nice pics...
    Xoxo from Portugal

    marisascloset.blogspot.com

    New look on the blog

    ResponderEliminar
  2. What a fun trip! Your photos are so stunning, by the way.

    xo | Cindy Elena
    www.boringclothes.com

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much Cindy!! I'm so glad you like the pictures!! The place is really stunning! :)

      Eliminar
  3. Looks like a really fun trip. What a gorgeous place, so much history. Thanks for sharing your lovely photos dear.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Thank you for the recommendation. This place look amazing and it has such awesome views with a perfect weather and a lovely blue sky.
    Kisses,
    E.
    www.withcapitale.com
    https://www.instagram.com/withcapitale/

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much dear!! Yes, this castle is completely stunning and I fell in love with the view! :)

      Eliminar
  5. vert stylish!
    https://highheelpoodl.blogspot.rs/
    u can see my yt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j0SxTKmym8

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Such a lovely place! Very photo-shoot appropriate :D


    www.desiringsme.com/how-to-achieve-dreams/

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Yaramel!! Yes, is very photo-shoot appropiate! :)

      Eliminar
  7. Wow this place looks amazing! So diverse and so many different cool locations!

    x Annabelle
    travelsandtea.com

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much Annabelle!! So glad you like the post!! :)

      Eliminar
  8. What a beautiful castle to visit and that view is breathtaking! Wow =o)

    https://dreamofadventures.com/

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much!! Yes, the castle is so stunning!!! :)

      Eliminar
  9. What a great spot with incredible views. You captured so many beautiful photos. I especially love the sunset ones. Great post.

    Kara Aragon
    http://www.thekaragon.com

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks a lot Kara!!! I'm so happy you like the pictures!!! I really wanted to capture the beauty of that sunset :)

      Eliminar
  10. Trsat Castle looks so lovely, thank you for sharing so many gorgeous photos of the place on your blog! I love the shot of you sat on the wall looking out over the city; the weather looks super beautiful on the day you visited! :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much Gabrielle!!! Yes, the weather was perfect the two days I visited the castle!!! So happy you like the post! :)

      Eliminar
  11. This is so awesome. The castle is gorgeous. I've never seen a real size castle in person.

    www.fashionradi.com

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much!!! Yes, this castle is really beautiful! Keep it in mind if you happen to go to Croatia :)

      Eliminar
  12. What a stunning place! Definitely added to me bucket list. x

    http://talesoftwoblog.blogspot.com.au/2017/12/a-magical-night-in-rothenburg-ob-der.html

    ResponderEliminar
  13. Such a gorgeous place :) xx

    www.fashionjazz.co.za

    ResponderEliminar
  14. Lovely photos! I'll have to visit one day! :) xx

    ResponderEliminar