jueves, 8 de marzo de 2018

Exploring the Colorful Rovinj

Rovinj Croatia Travel Guide

I think I have already mentioned this in a previous post, where I talk about my trip to Pula, but one of the things I love the most about Istria region is that it has a very particular mix between Croatian and Italian culture, which makes it super interesting to visit. 
Each city in this region will have this characteristic, you will feel like you are being part of two countries at the same time and you will find this Italian influence in the architecture, in the road signs and, of course, in the food as well. So, if you are also looking to enjoy a delightful culinary experience this is definitely a region to consider for your trip.

Adriatic Sea

Rovinj Seaside

Rovinj Old Town View

In my particular case, I have decided to go back to Istria because I was very impressed with what I have seen in Pula, that stunning Roman architecture stole my heart and I was looking forward to discovering more of this region, especially a city which I have seen all over Instagram: Rovinj.

The pictures I saw of Rovinj reminded me a lot of Venice for some reason and when I was finally able to visit this city that impression was even stronger! Rovinj is a city full of colors, full of details and full of incredibly enchanting streets perfect to get lost. The Old Town is practically right by the sea so maybe this was what made me think of Venice, even though it doesn't have canals, the water is very present in this city. 

Rovinj Old Town View 2

Rovinj Boats

Rovinj Old Town View 3

I have decided to do a day trip to Rovinj because I was staying in Rijeka, so I took the bus and in around two hours I was right there! The bus station in Rovinj is very close to the Old Town so I just walked by the coast and found it without any problems. I have to confess that I didn't have much information about what to see and do in the city but sometimes I enjoy doing this kind of trips because in this way I can be surprised by the destination. And this is exactly what happened to me with Rovinj, without even looking for them, I was able to find all the main spots and I also enjoyed getting lost in its streets. 

Rovinj Architecture

Rovinj Old Town

Rovinj Streets

Firstly, I walked by the coast which is very nice because it's full of pretty restaurants where you can enjoy a delicious meal and also the lovely view of the Adriatic sea and the boats peacefully moving in the water. Then, I was able to find the city's open market, the perfect place to buy fresh fruits, some souvenirs, and many other things. I stopped right here to have lunch and, as I was in Istria, I decided to order a pizza, which was just perfect!


Rovinj Old Town View 4

Rovinj Details

Rovinj Food

Rovinj Old Town Buildings

After lunch, I continued walking into the old town and I fell in love with all the beautiful balconies with flowers I was seeing in every single house. Also, I was able to find that cute little spot by the water that I used to see all the time on Instagram. I wished I would have been able to get a picture of myself sitting at that lovely table but there was a lady there, I think she was the owner of the store, and she was enjoying a coffee so I didn't want to disturb her. 

Rovinj Flowers

Rovinj Flower Details

Rovinj Details

Rovinj Atellier
The most iconic Instagram postcard of Rovinj 

Rovinj Streets

Rovinj Streets 2

Rovinj Architecture

Rovinj Details 3

Rovinj Details 4

I continued my way up to find the Church of St. Euphemia, which has that tall tower you can see in all the pictures of the Old Town. The Church looked lovely and it's totally worth the visit. Also, you can get a very nice sea view from there because this part is a little bit higher than the rest of the city. 

Rovinj Church

Rovinj Sea View

Rovinj Sea View 2

Rovinj Seaside

Rovinj Streets 5

Then I was able to find a few beaches, where there were people swimming and enjoying the sea. I didn't have a swim because I didn't have my towel that day, so I skipped the beach but I don't regret it because it allowed me to have more time to explore the city. I walked a little bit more on the seaside and I found more beautiful cafés and restaurants right by the water, which looked like the perfect place to have some drinks and enjoy the sunset view. 

Rovinj Beach

Rovinj Architecture Details

Rovinj Old Town View 4

Rovinj Restaurants

Rovinj Restaurants 2

Rovinj Old Town

Rovinj Sunset

Around 7 pm I had to go back to Rijeka but I was extremely happy that I was able to visit this incredibly beautiful city! You can see in this post that I went a bit mad and I took a lot of pictures because there were so many lovely details that I just couldn't stop! 
I hope you have enjoyed reading about my day trip to Rovinj and I hope you have found some inspiration for your future trips! I'm sure this would be a lovely place to visit during the Spring months, don't you think? 

37 comentarios:

  1. Looks like you had a great time from these nice shots. Definitely a place to play tourist.

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ResponderEliminar
  2. This is amazing! I also visited your youtube chanel, great work darling! :)

    I followed you, hope you'll follow back:
    Happy But Mess

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you dear Renata! I will check out your blog! :)

      Eliminar
  3. Beautifull pics ! i love Croatia <3
    Cheers,
    Carolina | Miss Boucle Noire

    ResponderEliminar
  4. so beautiful!
    https://sykirah.blogspot.my

    ResponderEliminar
  5. looks amazing I am Croatian but i don't live in Croatia :/ Rovinj is so great town and on summer there is some cool music festivals! <3

    what's the best thing for blog giweaway >> and a new post on the bloghttps://highheelpoodl.blogspot.rs/2018/03/what-to-wear-for-international-womens.html

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you dear Isidora!! Yes, I didn't have the chance to go to the music festival but the town is incredibly beautiful on its own ;)

      Eliminar
  6. This place looks so cool! This city looks very Italian, I can clearly feel the influence of Italy in architecture :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much!! Yes, absolutely!! The Italian influence is very present in Rovinj and I love that :)

      Eliminar
  7. This is totally on my bucket list. Colorful seaside towns are right up my alley :)

    xx Yasmin
    http://banglesandbungalows.com

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much Yasmin!! Yes, Rovinj is the perfect place if you like seaside towns! :)

      Eliminar
  8. This is such a beautiful post and definitely looks like a wonderful place to visit - the colours, the buildings and just how lovely it all looks! :)

    Layla xx

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much Layla!! Yes, I was dreaming about visiting Rovinj and after being there I couldn't recommend it enough :)

      Eliminar
  9. Nikada nisam bila u Rovinju, ali ove tvoje slike su me baš zainteresirale! Odličan post, vidi se uložen trud koji se itekako isplatio!

    Happy But Mess

    ResponderEliminar
  10. I love this post SO MUCH. I usually adore travel posts, and you made this place look like haven. Beautiful <33

    I would love if you could check out my blog ---------
    http://mellowcent.blogspot.rs

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much Nina!! So happy you like it!

      I will check out your blog ;)

      Eliminar
  11. You are so right, it does look like Venice! And that water is so blue =o)

    https://dreamofadventures.com/

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you dear!! Yes, when I was there I thought it looked very similar to Venice but it also has its particular charm ;)

      Eliminar
  12. I love all the post Andre! I have never hear about this city, but I love all the simply and lovely details it has. Of course the pictures you took are amazing. Kisses

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much Mica! So happy you like the post!! The city is absolutely lovely! :)

      Eliminar
  13. Oh my gosh, I've fallen in love with this place! Wow! The architecture looks so dreamy and I can't get over the deep blue colour of the water. Ahh, craving sunshine now haha. You really suit that hat, by the way! :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much Gabrielle!! The color of the water is everything!! I fell in love with it too! The Adriatic sea is beyond stunning! :)

      Eliminar
  14. Amazing photos, dear, I'm glad you liked it there! :)



    http://www.couture-case.com/

    ResponderEliminar
  15. amazing pics, makes me remember a movie, eat, pray, love <3

    ResponderEliminar
  16. What a beautiful place, lovely colors, from their flowers to walls. I'd love to stroll through those beautiful stone road.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ResponderEliminar