lunes, 23 de diciembre de 2019

How I fell back in love with sending cards?



I remember when I was a child I used to love received cards from my birthday. I loved receiving nice words from my friends and being able to re-read them again whenever I felt like it. For some reason, that habit was somehow lost. People in my home country Argentina are not so keen on writing and sending cards anymore for birthdays, weddings or Christmas and I really feel like it's a very nice thing to do. To take the time to write something nice to the people we love, to tell them how thankful we are for having them in our lives. Sometimes only that is a gift on itself. 

When I moved last year to Croatia, I have noticed that people here a little bit more formal than Argentinians, so it's very common that your friends write cards for you whenever they have the opportunity. So since I have come here, I have fallen back in love with writing cards and to send them to my family back home. This is my way to be present with them as well regardless of the distance. 

Christmas is definitely the perfect time to reflect upon all the nice people we have in our lives and it's also the perfect chance to express our love and gratitude to them. It doesn't matter if it's for a friend, for our family, our partner or a very thoughtful coworker, it's always a nice exercise to share some positivity, light, and love in this holiday period. 



I feel like printed cards are a very nice detail nowadays when everything is digitalized but in this globalized world in which we are living, sometimes we would need to send cards to different corners of the planet, which is definitely my case. So I found it very convenient that a service like Paperless Post exists because it has helped me a lot in sending all my Christmas cards to my friends and family in a very fast and practical way. 

Also, I really like that their concept is a little bit different from the regular e-cards we can find online. You can find cards with incredibly beautiful and chic designs by world-famous designers and with the benefit that you can send them through the web. Something that I find very practical when you perhaps don't know the physical address of all your friends but you have an email address for sure ;) Their idea is that you have the same experience of receiving a printed card but in a digital form, something I find very smart and innovative. 

In addition, this is a very eco-friendly option because there is no paper involved and you don't have to worry that your cards get lost in the mail, which is something that may happen sometimes with the regular mail service.

So I would like to invite you all to express yourself during this holiday season, to be thankful for those amazing people we are lucky to have in our lives and tell them how much they mean to us with a very nice Christmas card.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario