lunes, 7 de mayo de 2018

First Impressions: New Products I Bought Recently

First Impressions Seize your Style

This month I thought about doing something different than the Monthly Favorites post I have been doing lately because during April I didn't really have a lot of favorite products to talk about. So, I think it would be best to share the first impressions I have about some new products I tried last month. Let's start!

1- Burt's Bees Coconut & Pear Moisturizing Lip Balm

I run out of my lip balm so I decided to finally give Burt's Bees products a chance. I have been very tempted to try them for a while so I was very excited when I bought this lip balm. I love that this brand uses natural ingredients for their products and this one, in particular, is 100% natural.
The best thing about this lip balm is without a doubt the smell, as the name indicates is made of coconut and pear, so you can imagine that combination!! The smell is so fruity, sweet and delicious! 
On the other hand, the texture is soft and like butter, it runs very smoothly on top of the lips and I feel that it keeps them hydrated for a very long time. So, I'm very happy and satisfied with this product and I'm looking forward to trying more products of this brand in the future. 


Burt's Bees Coconut & Pear Lip Balm

2- L'Oréal Hidra-Total 5 BB Cream 

Recently I also run out of the Kiehl's BB Cream that I was using and I'm still a little sad about it because it was one of my favorite products of last year! But, anyway, life goes on and it was time to find a new one. I decided to try something more affordable this time so I choose this one from L'Oréal and there are a few things that I like a lot and some others that I'm not so sure about. 
What I like about this BB Cream is that is very good in perfecting my skin texture and it also evens my skin tone very well. I see that my skin looks smoother after I applied the product. 
But what I don't like is that there was only one shade available and it's a little bit light for me but as BB Creams, in general, are not high coverage I feel like it ends up blending with my skin tone somehow. 
Also, this BB Cream has SPF20 which is nice to have but compared to the Kiehl's one it's a little bit low because Kiehl's BB Cream has SPF50. However, I feel like, in overall, is a good product for the price you pay.


L'Oréal Hidra-Total BB Cream


L'Oréal Hidra-Total BB Cream Detail

L'Oréal Hidra-Total BB Cream Shade

3- Garnier Fructis Oil Repair Liso Coco Shampoo

I have been obsessed with this line of Garnier hair products, I was using their Oil Repair treatment, shampoo, and conditioner, so when I saw that they have launched a new one with coconut oil I knew I had to try it!
This shampoo is designed to smooth and straighten rebel and frizzy hair and that is also what made me buy this product. But, even though the coconut scent this product has is amazing, I'm not seeing such good results when it comes to controlling the frizz. 
I'm still going to give this shampoo a chance because we have been having the craziest, rainy and humid weeks here in Buenos Aires, so maybe there was no way of escaping frizz with this weather. I'll see how it goes on a less humid day. 


Garnier Fructis Oil Repair Liso Coco Shampoo

4- Herbal Essences Pure Renew Argan Oil Conditioner

I'm going to confess I have an obsession with trying new hair products, I can't help it! Whenever there is a new hair product I have to give it a go, even if my current hair routine was working pretty well. 
So, when I saw this new Pure Renew line by Herbal Essences I got very intrigued because I had some good results with this brand in the past. 
All of the product from this line have antioxidants, aloe, and sea kelp and they are designed to renew your hair fiber.  It also doesn't contain any paraben, salt or colorants which makes it very mild. 
I have picked the one with Argan Oil, which is supposed to repair the hair. I have used it once and I could fell that my hair was smoother and softer.  The texture of this conditioner is very light and the scent is nice and a little bit sweet. 
So far, I really like it but we will see how it goes when I use it more. 


Herbal Essences Pure Renew Argan Oil Conditioner

That's it for today! Those were the 4 new products I have been trying last month and my first impressions! I would love to know what do you think about this kind of post! If you like it better than Monthly Favorites post. Also, let me know if you have tried any of this products! ;)

41 comentarios:

  1. I absolutely love trying out new products! Great reviews girly!!

    xo,

    H

    http://firsttimethings.com/

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Sounds like lovely products! :)

    xx Alyssa | STYLE VANITY

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I always love BB & CC creams
    They are the lighter version of foundation

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Absolutely Jane!! They are perfect for everyday makeup! Thanks for your comment!! :)

      Eliminar
  4. SH**T the garnier coco! first time i tried it in India, then we dont have in Bali . then I saw this,,, I need this you know!
    great post dear
    https://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/
    IG @grace_njio

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I hope you can find it!! It's a very nice shampoo and the coconut smell is everything!;)

      Eliminar
  5. Herbal Essences always makes the best products and they always smell so great too!! I want to give this Argan oil one a go :)

    xox Kirsten // http://kirstenwendlandt.com/must-see-the-canadian-opera-companys-anna-bolena/

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Kirsten! Yes, I have always had a very good experience with their products! Let me know if you try this one ;)

      Eliminar
  6. Great products, thanks for sharing!
    xx- Nina

    http://www.ninalnguyen.com/2018/05/were-married.html

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Beautiful post! Lovely cosmetics!

    Mihaailo | mihaailo.blogspot.com

    ResponderEliminar
  8. That BB cream looks amazing :)
    http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2018/05/wedding-season-white-dress-so-out-white.html

    ResponderEliminar
  9. I love all of Burt's bees products! Their lip balms never fail to keep my lips moisturised and I love that they use natural ingredients!

    http://whatmakesmesmileblog.com/

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks for your comment Freja! Yes, I love that they use natural ingredients too! I hope I can try some other products from the brand in the future.

      Eliminar
  10. I have heard so much about Burt's Bees, and have always wanted to give the brand a go. Maybe this is the kick I needed haha.

    Have a good rest-of-week!

    Amy; Wandering Everywhere

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Amy!! Yes, the same happened to me!! I always heard so many great things about their products! Let me know if you try anything ;)

      Eliminar
  11. Looks like some great products! Love Burt's Bees!
    ~Samantha
    http://goldcoastgirlblog.com

    ResponderEliminar
  12. These are all great drug store finds. Have you tried Kristin Ess products? They're available at Target.

    xx Yasmin
    http://banglesandbungalows.com

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Yasmin!! I haven't heard about that brand before but I will look for their products! Thanks for the recommendation! :)

      Eliminar
  13. Nice review...
    I used to use that BB Cream
    now I am just using a sunblock from a dermatologist.
    I think I have used that conditioner before too
    but its not for me or my hair type:(

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ResponderEliminar
  14. Thanks for sharing your impressions.
    Kisses

    http://www.atrendylifestyle.com/

    ResponderEliminar
  15. Good picks dear. As a fan of argan oil, I'd love to try the Herbal Essences conditioner. That's quite interesting. Thanks for sharing dear!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ResponderEliminar
  16. these sound cool
    http://www.theglossychic.com

    ResponderEliminar
  17. These products seem lovely. A good lipbalm always comes in handy. Sorry to hear that the Garnier shampoo isn't helping with the frizz, but it is good that it is otherwise nice. Frizz can be tricky sometimes. My hair has been a bit dry lately so I bought one shampoo with argan oil and I plan to try it out soon.

    ResponderEliminar
  18. bueno creo que Herbal siempre me ha gustado por el olor a delicia que tiene, me encanta tus primeras impresiones porque yo amo probar y probar nuevos productos.

    ResponderEliminar