jueves, 17 de mayo de 2018

Why it is OK to go back to a place you already visited

Why it is ok to visit the same place

With summer just around the corner for many of you who are in the northern hemisphere, I can imagine that you are already thinking about your next vacations and when planning this trip you may be faced with this question: Do I visit a new place or maybe I could go back to that city that I have enjoyed so much last year?

We are currently living in a society that is always looking for completing tasks on a list and sometimes looks like traveling has become one more task, in which we need to tick all the places in our bucket list but it doesn't have to be that way. That's why in today's post I would like to talk about the reasons why it is OK to go back to a place that you have already visited in the past and I'm going to share with you a little bit about my personal experience visiting Split for the second time last year. 

Split

Split 2

Split Architecture Details

Split 3

Split Old Town

One may think that visiting the same place again it's pointless with so many beautiful spots on this planet but it doesn't actually mean that you are loosing of everything else just because you chose a city you already know. It could be a great opportunity to explore and discover more of a place you already love! That leads me to the first reason:

1- You can discover new things of that place

When I went to Split for the second time, I had the chance to explore a lot more because I have already visited the main touristic places (you can read everything about my first trip here) so, this time I went to a new beach, I tried different coffee places and restaurants and I even went up to the bell tower which was something I didn't do before and it was totally amazing. I also had the chance to take more pictures and to explore more of the area than during my first visit. That was the main reason why I wanted to go back to Split because I wanted to visit the islands that were close by (for example, Brač island and the amazing Zlatni Rat beach) and that allowed me to have a completely different experience while staying in the same city.

Split Riviera
The beautiful Split Riviera 

Split 4

Split Riviera 2

Split Palm Tree

2- You will experience a nice sense of familiarity

I know it's great to go to a place for the very first time and feel completely surprised by all the new things your eyes are seeing but when you visit a city that you already know you will get a nice sense of familiarity with the place. You will recall all the amazing moments you had there in the past and you will also feel super comfortable moving around there because you already know the place! So that's great!
In my case, when I was in Split again I remembered all the fun moments along with the great people I met there and that instantly put me in a great mood during those days. What's even better is that in the second visit I also had so much fun just like in the first time ;)

Split Old Town 2

Split Old Town Buildings

Split Old Town Cafes

Split Old Town Details

Split Diocletian Palace

Split Diocletian Palace 2

Split Diocletian Palace 3

3- You can relax a lot more

This point is not so obvious but I think that is key. When you are visiting a place for the first time you are likely trying to visit all the main spots and do all the important activities in a few days, before moving to the next destination, which can make you feel a little bit stressful and in a constant rush. But, when you go back to a place you have already visited you can just relax and enjoy it because you already did all the main touristic things, you don't have to worry about how to move around the city, or about getting lost, you already know where everything is located. You are a little bit like a local there and that is a great sensation ;)

Split Old Town Buildings 2

Split Monuments
In this second visit to Split, I finally touched the feet of the Gregory of Nin Statue, people say it brings you good luck 

Split Diocletian Palace 2
One of the gates to the Diocletian's Palace 

Split Bell Tower
The incredible bell tower of Split's Cathedral

Split Diocletian Palace 3
The Peristyle

So the point of this post is to show you that if you feel like you want to go to a place that you already visited last year and that you loved it, that's completely fine! If it makes you happy, just go and don't worry about missing the opportunity of going somewhere else. You will have plenty of opportunities to visit many incredible places, the important thing is to enjoy and do what feels right for you! 

I even feel like I loved Split more after I went the second time because I was able to establish a different connection with the city. In the first time, the days went by so quickly with all the activities I wanted to do that when I went there the second time, I felt like there was a lot I didn't saw because I was in a rush.  Therefore, I totally feel it's OK to go back to a place for the second time if you want to! In my experience it was great!

Split View
The amazing view from the bell tower 

Split View 2

Split View 3

Split Old Town 4

But now I would like to know your thoughts on this topic, do you always go to a new place or have you visited a city more than once? How did you feel? I would love to know your experience ;) 

31 comentarios:

  1. Amazing pics!!!
    Have a nice evening!
    Gil Zetbase

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Another great reason is if you went there as a kid and want to explore as an adult. Or if you go with new people, you can see it through another person's eyes.

    xx Yasmin
    http://banglesandbungalows.com

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Yasmin!! Absolutely agree, I can imagine it must be so beautiful to go back to a place you have visited as a child! And also taking your friends to a city you love sounds very special too :)

      Eliminar
  3. I’m more of a person who likes going back to the same place especially if I discover something that I like. The grass is not always greener somewhere else. I’m currently in Cancun and it’s my 6th visit here and I’m loving it as much as during my first visit 💖💞😘

    http://www.elegantduchess.com

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. That's is great!! You are so right, the grass is not always greener on the other side! Thanks for your comment and enjoy Cancun dear! :)

      Eliminar
  4. Thanks for posting such informative blog for us.
    Visit us: Customized laptop skins

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I agree completly with you, I think visit one place more than one time is amazing and you could have another experience. Great post darling! Kisses <3

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much Ariadna! So happy you liked the post! :)

      Eliminar
  6. Oh gosh, when places are as beautiful as this I can totally understand why you'd want to return Andrea, wow! I completely agree with you by the way - I keep returning to Bruges in Belgium every single year and sometimes more than once or twice because it's just so lovely there!

    aglassofice.com x

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks a lot babe!! Yes, I remember your Bruges posts on your blog!! I feel like it's totally OK to go back to your favorite places as much as you want! ;)

      Eliminar
  7. Yes, i love this, I think that when you revisit a place you see different things you may have missed before hand

    https://www.thewhimsicalwildling.com/

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Yes, that's absolutely true!! Because many times we are not able to cover every single spot in one visit!

      Thanks a lot for your comment Eloise! :)

      Eliminar
  8. Yes, i love this, I think that when you revisit a place you see different things you may have missed before hand

    https://www.thewhimsicalwildling.com/

    ResponderEliminar
  9. wow that place looks amazing! :) Anyway, just dropping by to say hello all the way from the Philippines! I hope you can drop by my blog too and follow along if you like. Have a nice day! :)

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net

    INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Yes, there is nothing wrong with visiting a city more than once, especially if you have fallen in love with it! Beautiful photos, dear!

    Marie
    The Flower Duet

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Marie! I completely agree but sometimes we are being sold this idea that you have to be always going to a new place. The best is to choose what makes you happy ;)

      Eliminar
  11. I can't really choose which approach I support. I generally love visiting new places and enjoying all these great activities that sometimes are characteristic to a place I choose to visit, but sometimes I enjoy some place so much I always return. For example I once went to Budapest and I like it so much I went there again. The same with a region in my country called Warmia, where I've been more than 10 times already and I still plan to come back. Nice post, it gives perspective.
    Dorota
    www.fetchcandle.wordpress.com

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much Dorota!! So happy to read your thoughts on this topic! Yes, I think both options are good! Going to a new place is always fun and exciting and returning to a place you love is also a very nice experience, the important is to feel good whatever option you choose ;)

      Eliminar
  12. Beautiful photos! I agree, it's worth going back to a place, especially if you liked it and want to see more. Also going during different times of the year shows you how the places looks differently

    https://dreamofadventures.com/

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much dear!! I agree, going in different seasons gives you a totally different perspective of the same place ;)

      Eliminar
  13. Amazing pictures! I completely agree with you. Some places are just too interesting not to visit twice (or maybe even a third time)

    http://whatmakesmesmileblog.com/

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Absolutely Freja, especially if you feel like there was so much more to see there!! Thanks for your comment! :)

      Eliminar
  14. Totally agree, I actually think the second time can be better than the first time of visiting a place!
    x Rubi
    Pose & Repeat

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Absolutely!! That could totally happen!!

      Thanks for your comment Rubi! :)

      Eliminar
  15. Cities like this definitely needs to be visited twice, thrice, or even more! I'll never get tired of walking down on its beautiful stone road and gaze those wonderful works of ancient architecture.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Jessica!! I agree, this is the kind of city that I like to visit all the time! :)

      Eliminar
  16. Me encanto mucho tu post, siempre es bueno visitar una segunda vez la ciudad para conocer nuevos lugar y estas más confiado, creo que es la manera donde te enamoras realmente de un pais.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Muchas gracias Maggie!! Me alegro mucho que te haya gustado el post!! Sí, mientras más conocés un lugar a veces pasa que más te enamora ;)

      Eliminar