jueves, 28 de junio de 2018

How to Live a Never Ending Weekend with True and Co

Never Ending Weekend

This last month has been quite a transition for me since I have started to work again after a little bit more than a year of being away from the office life. 
Getting back on track with the 9-5 and keeping it up with my blog has been quite a challenge but I'm doing my best to balance everything and also enjoy a little bit of this process. 

Being unemployed for more than a year has taught me a lot of important lessons, especially in regards to time management, because when you don't have a tight and organized schedule it is easy to lay back and miss some of your tasks and goals. But also I feel like I was able to learn to enjoy myself a lot more during all these months. I was able to create a set of daily rituals that helped me to practice a little bit of self-care and to stay positive and motivated during this period. 

So, when I discovered  the concept of the weekend mindset that the people of True and co. have developed, I felt I was completely aligned with this topic because I'm seeing myself now in the process of trying to incorporate those rituals I have mentioned into my new work-life routine. 

I guess you may be thinking: what is exactly that weekend mindset? Well, it basically refers to all those things that we do during our weekends that make us feel good and enjoy but instead of just waiting impatiently for Friday to come so that we can start doing any of those things, the idea is that we can incorporate them into our work week too so that we can live in a "never-ending weekend". Sounds good, right?

I feel it's totally necessary to have those little moments of comfort during the week as well to help us feel more energized to achieve all of our goals and aspirations. Our normal work week doesn't have to be just a lot of tasks and obligations we have to do in order to earn the pleasures of the weekend. If we can bring those pleasures into the weekly routine we can feel good and enjoy every single day. 

And it doesn't have to be anything too complicated really, just think about those little moments and things that you do during the weekends to recharge, to take care of yourself, to enjoy and to have fun. 


How to spend a never ending weekend

In my particular case, during the weekend I usually tend to rest a lot to recharge my batteries. I totally enjoy sleeping a little bit extra on Saturdays and Sundays because I find it very important to have my energy levels back to the top! Therefore, I always choose to wear something that feels very comfy and soft for maximum relaxation. At True and Co they totally understand this and that's why they have created a special selection of bras, which combine the perfect amount of luxury and comfort. Wearing one of these bras will definitely make you feel that relaxed weekend vibe. 

Also, weekends are the perfect time to organize and get ready for the week ahead. Whether is thinking about the outfits I'm going to wear, or the food I need to prepare, doing my nails or just cleaning and organizing my clothes, I have found that taking the time to prepare myself for the week ahead really helps me a lot to be less stressed during those weekdays that I have a lot more things to do and less time. 

Then, on the other hand, the little rituals I have added to my work week to make me feel good are, in the first place, listening to an upbeat playlist on my way to the office. I'm definitely a morning person and listening to some of my favorites songs while I'm going to work helps me to start my day in a positive mood. Also, it's a very simple way to add some of that fun from the weekend into any day of the week. 

And, in the second place, I normally try to enjoy a sweet treat in the middle of the week since sweets are not just made for the weekends. I love taking a little pause in my day to drink some tea and enjoy a piece of cake, or a delicious croissant, some chocolate, anything you like is a good option! The important thing here is that you make that pause to enjoy something that makes you feel good and puts you in a good humor to continue with your day!


Weekend mindset

Also, if you are able to organize a quick coffee date with one of your friends on a Wednesday afternoon, for example, that would be a great way to disconnect from your duties and obligations, relax, catch up and raise your positive energy! 

There are tons of ways to bring some of that spark from the weekend to your normal weekdays and as you can see, it's really easy to do! These are the things that I am currently doing but I would love to know what do you usually do to enjoy your weekends? And in case you also bring some of those weekend rituals to your working days I would love to know what those are?

15 comentarios:

  1. I work during the different day of the week, sometimes I work during the weekend and then the whole week or during Sunday or Saturday and then couple days from Monday to Thursday so nothing really helps me recharge my batteries between work, it's even getting more depressing after everyone got promotion and I can;t get even paid vacation so for me it's like a dead end but I'm happy you did such a good job in organising your work life.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Yes, having a rotating working schedule is hard because it's like you can never get used to it. I hope you find a way out of this situation babe! :)

      Eliminar
  2. Listening to an upbeat playlist on my way to work! Couldn't relate and agree more!

    Mihaailo | mihaailo.blogspot.com

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks a lot Mihaailo! Yes, music is key to have a good day! :)

      Eliminar
  3. Congrats on the new job! These are great tips on balancing working and blogging!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I usually try to stick to the same schedule regardless the weekend vibe, it’s just easier to keep up the same same sleeping patterns! Saying this I work all weekends on my blog as I don’t have that much time during the week . It can be quite hectic but I got used to it now 💖😘💞

    http://www.elegantduchess.com

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Yes, absolutely I do the same! haha even during the weekends I go to bed early and try to wake up early as well. Thanks a lot for your comment babe! :)

      Eliminar
  5. I like to relax at a cafe. It really helps to recharge especially when you have been having an exciting work week :) http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2018/06/customising-hot-mess-or-work-of-art.html

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks a lot Heather! Yes, taking some time to enjoy a cup of coffe is something that always makes me feel better! :)

      Eliminar
  6. Congratulations on your new job. All of your tips are so great and really helpful!

    http://whatmakesmesmileblog.com/

    ResponderEliminar
  7. What a fun read you have here dear, and I couldn't agree more, especially on using weekends to prepare for the coming week. That is sooo me! I want to organize everything for the coming week, and weekends are the best days to do it.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ResponderEliminar