lunes, 2 de abril de 2018

10 Hours in Frankfurt


I hope you all had a lovely Easter! I had a great time with my family but I was a little sick so I couldn't do too much during last weekend. Anyway, I'm back today with another travel post and I thought it would be great to change a little bit and talk to you about a country that I have visited last year for the first time! I'm talking about Germany.




Frankfurt Old Town


Frankfurt Old Town Details

I was able to visit a little bit of this country last summer when I was coming back from Croatia because I had a 10-hour layover in Frankfurt. As always when I'm visiting a new place I was super excited to discover this city and for this case, in particular, I had an extra motivation to go to Frankfurt because I had the chance to see one of my friends, who is now living there. 

So, I arrived in Frankfurt around 8am and my flight to go back home was at 10pm. Therefore, I had a lot of time to spend and the first thing I did was getting a 24-hour transportation ticket to move around the city. It's very easy to get to the city center from the airport, I just took the train and in about 20 minutes I was at Frankfurt Main Train Station. 


Frankfurt Main Train Station


Frankfurt City

Frankfut Building Details

I have to say that I didn't have too much information about what to see and do in the city so I found a Tourist Info office right there at the train station and asked for a map and some suggestions about how to spend my time there. They were super helpful at the Tourist info Office and gave me all the necessary directions and recommendations to start my journey!

I first walked a few streets in the direction of the Old Town to try to sense the vibe of this city. Frankfurt is a very big city, so it has a lot of movement and life. What I also noticed is that it is a very diverse place too! It was full of different restaurants serving foods from all over the world and you could see that there were a lot of people from different cultures living together there. 


Frankfurt Romer Detail

Frankfurt Building details

Frankfurt Old Town Details

After getting a little bit lost, I'm not going to lie :P I was able to find the Euro Building by accident. This building is very modern and that was another interesting thing about Frankfurt, the city is a perfect mix of extremely new and modern offices and buildings along with those traditional old German houses. 


Frankfurt Euro Building

When I reached the Old Town, I found some very nice traditional buildings with the most beautiful colors! I stayed there for a while taking some pictures, buying souvenirs and chatting with a local lady, who also gave me more recommendations! She told me to go and check out the river and the bridge, that were just behind the Old Town so I did exactly that. The bridge was really pretty and you could get a nice view of the city from there. 


Frankfurt Romer Details

Frankfurt Bridge


Frankfurt Bridge

After that, I had a little lunch that I bought in one of the bakeries. I really wanted to try that because the smell from the German bakeries was absolutely delicious and the sandwich I bought was delicious indeed. Then I went to visit one street that concentrated all the stores and also there was a shopping mall there. This street has a very lively atmosphere and it was full of people walking and doing some shopping. 


Frankfurt Traditional Buildings

Frankfurt Bridge View

Around 4pm I was really tired of all that walking and sightseeing so I left the city center and went to pick up my friend to her office. Once I met with her, we went to visit the town where she actually lives, which I'm going to show you in a different post because it's the loveliest little town I have ever seen! 

So, that was what I did during my 10-hour layover in Frankfurt! I hope you like this post and please let me know if you have ever been to Frankfurt or Germany and also I would love to know if you also take advantage of layovers to explore some cities :)

28 comentarios:

  1. Thank you! I will check out your blog :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Frankfurt looks gorgeous and there are so many pretty buildings! Hope you enjoyed your day there! I used to be against the really long layovers but posts like this make me purposely want to book a flight with a long one just so I can have the opportunity to explore the city!

    Reine | The Blush Luxe

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much for your comment Reine! Yes, long layovers are a bit complicated but they can be a great opportunity to explore an extra city that maybe wasn't included in your additional itinerary :)

      Eliminar
  3. Qué ganas de ir a Frankfurt a visitar a Clauditen!!! 😊

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I've been wanting to visit this place.
    It looks amazing,.

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Wow Frankfurt looks just marvelous, totally in awe!
    Hope you're having an amazing start to this week!
    xx
    Real Girl Talks | Ankita Bardhan
    http://realgirltalks.com/

    ResponderEliminar
  6. From Belgium it's not so far by car and I also love to visit it !
    Have a good week,
    Carolina | MissBoucleNoire

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Carolina! I hope you can visit it soon! ;)

      Eliminar
  7. ah Frankfurt looks fantastic. I have only been to Baden Baden in Germany, great memories! xx

    |Elegant Duchess|

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks a lot for your comment dear! I have only been to Frankfurt and Idstein (the town where my friends lives) so I would love to visit some other cities someday :)

      Eliminar
  8. Frankfurt looks amazing! I've never been to Germany but it's definitely on my list :)

    cabin twenty-four

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much Eena!! Yes, hope you can visit it soon! :)

      Eliminar
  9. Germany is on my travel list
    And this photos makes me want to visit it soon

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ResponderEliminar
  10. I've never been to Frankfurt Am Main but it's different than Frankfurt Am Oder, both look interesting :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks a lot lovely! Frankfurt Am Oder must be great too! :)

      Eliminar
  11. Such a beautiful country; like most countries of Europe, they have a great combination of the past and present in their architecture, really beautiful marriage of designs. Your photos are beautiful dear! Nicely done.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much Jessica for your kind words! So happy that you like the post and the pictures! :)

      Eliminar
  12. Beautiful photos :)

    https://nikolinahajdinic.blogspot.hr/

    ResponderEliminar
  13. Aww this is such a wonderful post, love your layover story and the photos that you snapped. I like that idea of spending a day roaming around a new place and finding beautiful spots, lucky you did it. Can't wait for the continuation of this story.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks a lot dear Mercy!! You are so kind!! I'm so happy you liked the post! :)

      Eliminar
  14. I love the post very good
    I knew your blog now I'm already taking a walk for him I loved and I already follow you

    Visit and follow my blog please
    https://coisasdecrespasoficial.blogspot.com/2018/04/15-best-legendas-para-instagram.html

    ResponderEliminar